Sometimes it is necessary to adjust the line spacing (or leading) in paragraphs of text (see here).
1. Slide with paragraph of text with perhaps a bit too much line spacing.
2. Select the text box and click on the additional options button in the lower right corner on the “Paragraph” group on the “Home” tab.
3. A new dialog box will open with the Line Spacing options in the lower right side.
4. There are several different options in the drop-down menu.
- Single – This is the default line spacing
- 1.5 Lines – This creates 1.5 times the normal line spacing
- Double – This doubles the line spacing
- Exactly – Here you can specify exactly how many points you want the line spacing to be
- Multiple – Here you can specify a number to multiply with the normal line spacing. So if you specify 2 that would give the same result as Double
5. Play around with the different options until you find the perfect one for your particular paragraph of text (here shown with Exactly and 60 pt).